A relaxed life is a healthy life. Research has shown that if you maintain a relaxed lifestyle and avoid stress to the best of your abilities then you are more likely to have better heart health. Here are some ways that you can ensure your stress levels are under control as suggested by the American Heart Association:
1. Talk with your friends & family daily. These are the people that know you best and know how to calm you best. Getting your daily dose of family & friends can rejuvenate your feelings when you need it.
2. Stay physically active. This can be hard when you work from 9 to 5 at a desk, but learn to walk places. Instead of taking your car down the street to the store, take a walk. That will count as your daily physical activity.
3. Get between 6 and 8 hours of sleep. By getting enough sleep, you are able to function to the best of your abilities on the following day, reducing stress.
4. Organize yourself. When you are more organized, fewer things come as a surprise to you on a day to day basis. Grab an organizer and write everything down, this will help you to remember. Less unwelcome surprises mean less stress.
5. Leave your bad habits in the past. Alcohol, cigarettes, & caffeine increase your stress level. By reducing your consumption, your health is increased greatly.
Stress is sometimes hard to avoid but by practicing the above suggestions happiness will result. These positive, healthy habits help to support a stress-free heart and lifestyle.